Monday, January 13, 2014
A new beginning
Here it is... A bit more than 25 hours since I completed my first residency. I feel like I left a changed person armed with new friends, insights and a whole bunch of confusion. I spent last night reacquainting myself with my family and my two pets and drifted off to a peaceful sleep in my own comfy bed before 11:00. I awoke refreshed and ready for the day, only problem was that it was 2:00 AM! Guess my body adapted to the traditional 4 hours a sleep during the residency. Making good use of my time I decided to research my mentor options and soon got caught up on an interesting journal through photography culminating in the discovery in a documentary made on Gregory Crewdson, a name that was thrown out to me on a number of occasions in the past week. Crewdson uses dramatic lighting and a very staged scene reminiscent of a movie set to bring forth captivating images full of narrative and mystery. His great attention to detail and the psychological implications make his work even more mysterious. The movie was full of great quotes and I found myself so drawn in that I watched it three more times today, actually taking notes on what I felt made his images so communicative and compelling at the same time. More to follow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment